POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bonsai / Girl / Horse : Re: Bonsai / Girl / Horse Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:08:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bonsai / Girl / Horse
From: William Tracy
Date: 4 Apr 2007 00:32:10
Message: <46132a4a$1@news.povray.org>
> I enjoy thinking up clever names for my pictures, but so far one hasn't come
> to me.  Anyway, here is my latest picture.

You might want to work on that...When I first saw the subject line, I
instantly thought of the bonsai kitten hoax. :-P

That aside...

This picture is absolutely fantastic. I love the lighting in it. :-) You
might need a touch of tweaking on the textures on the tree's bark to
make it look more alive and less like a plastic plant. Moss also tends
to grow a tad more bumpy than that.

That said, the image is pretty darn photo-realistic. :-)

 > Ivy courtesy of the Ivy Generator.
 > Grass via Gilles make grass (modified a bit).
 > Bonsai created with POV-Tree.
 > Girl and Horse from DAZ.

The first time I saw the image, I honestly thought that you had cut the
girl and horse out of a photograph and pasted them into the render.
Fantastic work.

William